Friday, August 21, 2009

Forming a group

We have one spot left in our group. We are in Tute Group 4 meeting at 10-11:30 on Thursdays (HSIE in the first week and Sci/Tech this week).

We like long walks on the beach and the odd bit of train spotting. Sound like you?

Seriously though, we are from Earlwood, Kogarah and the Oaks and may end up collaborating on campus. Added together we bring over a century of life experience to this group. Wanna join us?

cheers

Voren, Rosie and Scott

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Frances,

You are most welcome to join us. I will let the other contenders know that you got to us first :-)

Are you available at 11:30 on a Thursday? The other 3 of us finish our Tute then and I think we could have a brief meeting to plan ahead.

cheers
Voren

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Scott,

Frances has contacted me directly to say she'd like to join our group. As she asked first, that seems to be the way to go.

I was hoping to hear from Rosie by now as I gave her my email address (but didn't get hers!)

At any rate, lets aim to have a quick planning session after the Tute at 11:30 on Thursday (assuming Frances is free then and that Rosie is too).

I'm not so sure about the disco idea now. I've looked more closely at the curriculum and it seems a bit of a stretch to tie it in. I do have another scathingly brilliant idea though. Stay tuned!

cheers
Voren

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Library sounds like a logical place to meet. Assume we 3 will be there unless I email you to the contrary.

We had a 2 minute chat after we formed our group in which I suggested we make a 1970s disco setting with underfloor lights, a revolving mirrored disco ball etc but I've since thought that might be hard to tie in to the curriculum.

The only other thing we established is that Rosie is near Dick Smith and I am near Reverse Garbage in Marrickville so when it comes to sourcing materials, we have that covered.

cheers
Voren

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have booked a group study room in the library for 11:30 on Thursday. I don't imagine we'll need very long at this early stage but it may help to have a room to meet in.

cheers
Voren
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi Voran

sorry I forgot to email you last week! I have a notoriously bad memory and if I don't write things down I usually forget them. Did you want to email me the secret idea? that way I can think of ideas before we meet up with everyone tomorrow. Good on you for booking the library room too. See you in class tomorrow, if not before

Rosie

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, by now I have divulged the secret idea. I would attach a photo but the ATTACH thingy has no BROWSE button!
See you tomorrow!
Voren

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------